Board of Education
Stephanie Guerrero, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Stahl, Vice-President email@example.com
Martha Leeper, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenda Weldy, Member email@example.com
Erech Pierson, Member firstname.lastname@example.org
James Kent, Member email@example.com
Cindy Ervin, Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Meeting Schedule
Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM in the board room at Sangamon Valley High School unless otherwise noted.
July 19, 2017 at Sangamon Valley East Elementary
August 16, 2017
September 27, 2017 (4th Wednesday)
October 18, 2017
November 15, 2017
December 20, 2017
January 17, 2018
February 21, 2018
March 21, 2018
April 18, 2018
May 9, 2018 (2nd Wednesday)
June 20, 2018
Public Participation at Board of Education Meetings and Petitions to the Board
At each regular and special open meeting, the members of the public and District employees may comment on or ask questions of the Board, subject to reasonable constraints.
The individuals appearing before the Board are expected to follow these guidelines:
- In order to be placed on the agenda and assured an opportunity to address the Board, individuals must contact the Superintendent at least one working day prior to the meeting and present their topic and position in written form. The topic will be included on the agenda under "new business." Except in unusual circumstances, no action will be taken on the topic in the meeting in which it is presented.
- Individuals who come to the Board meeting with topics of concern without making prior arrangements may address the Board, time permitting, when recognized by the Board President.
- Identify oneself and be brief. Ordinarily, such comments shall be limited to 5 minutes. In unusual circumstances, and when the person has given advance notice of the need to speak for a longer period of time, such person may be allowed to speak for more than 5 minutes.
- The Board President may shorten or lengthen a person's opportunity to speak. The President may also deny the opportunity to speak to a person who has previously addressed the Board on the same subject within the past 2 months.
- The Board President shall have the authority to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise defined in Board of Education policy.
Petitions or written correspondence to the Board shall be presented to the Board of Education at the next regularly scheduled Board Meeting.
LEGAL REF.: 105 ILCS 5/10-6 and 5/10-16.
CROSS REF.: 2:220 (Board of Education Meeting Procedure)
ADOPTED: December 15, 2004